We have read so many quotes regarding 90s kid. Even, I will like to add one quote for 90s kid,
“If you are 90’s kid, you have seen the technology evolving over all these years”.
From Maruti 800 to Audi to Rang rover, From Hatchbacks to Convertibles to SUV, we have seen all. Today, I am specifically going to write about the technological advancements for SUV.
SUVs or Sport Utility Vehicle or sometimes called Sport Utility Wagon has gained popularity from the last decade. And why not, the high roof, low floor and wagon shape and enough headroom, legroom and storage space, and then you can ride them on good roads, bad roads or no road at all, without any much trouble.
More than Sedans, SUVs are more popular among youngsters as well as among businessmen. SUV has recently become the style icon or style statement. The technology used in these cars has made them even more attractive. Bluetooth, charging points, Navigation are some of the techs being used in all the automobiles.
Let’s lay out what technology advancements have been added to SUVs over all these years and how they are becoming a new trend:
- Side Airbags: Along with the front air bags, many SUVs are also equipped with the side airbags which makes SUVs more secure.
- ABS and Traction Control: Many SUVs are equipped with ABS that is Anti-lock Braking System or Anti-skid Braking System and Traction control system. ABS control is mainly used to prevent the wheels from locking up (ceasing rotation) and hence, avoiding uncontrolled skidding. Traction Control is used to prevent loss of traction of driven road wheels.
- Electronic Stability Control: Electronic Stability Control (ESC), also known as Electronic Stability Program (ESP), is a computerized technology that improves a vehicle's stability by detecting and reducing loss of traction (skidding).
- Crash Resistant door Pillars: Crash Resistant door Pillars make sure that the doors remain closed during the crash and should be able to open afterwards.
- Advanced Backup Cameras: The advanced backup cameras are making it easier than ever to maneuver in the tightest of spaces. These cameras give you an excellent top-down view from every angle.
- Infotainment Interfaces: Infotainment or human-computer interaction is one of the most difficult tech features to judge, since there are no industry standards. Few examples of these interfaces are Touch screens, Air gestures, Eye tracking, Lane Changing exercise and many more.
With above technological advancements, SUVs are not only ensuring comfortable rides but they are also ensuring rides with more safety.